||[Jun. 22nd, 2006|10:37 am]
Hmmm....so it's been a few days...over a week even...since my last post. I've been thinking about what to do with this journal...what to use it for and so on...I even considered making it private and just use it as a "normal" diary and I spent quite some time at work trying to make all my previous entries private. BUT, after having made the last 50 private I realised that you couldn't go back further than that without putting in the actual date of the entry you wanted to change....and that would have taken years, so I went through the last 50 entries again and changed their status back to public. Haha.
But yes...I'm still not sure what to do with it....with a girlfriend who doesn't want me to write about her and a philipfriend who has been known to overanalyze/exaggerate things I write and talk about it with other people...yes you, philip! haha...no, but seriously...I used to use it to moan about everything and exaggerate my feelings about people and events etc, mainly so that I didn't have to moan so much to my friends, but I'm feeling a lot less moany at the moment and it seems rather pointless to just keep writing entries like "today I had breakfast, then I went to work, it was shit, then I went home and had dinner, then I went to the pub, then I went to bed"...but at least that would mean no annoying real-life discussions about my entries. haha.
Anyway...I went to the 02 Wireless festival thingymajings in Hyde Park with Elizabeth yesterday. The evil bastards were charging £7 for programmes with line-ups. WTF! How does that even make sense? I've paid £40 to get in and there's no way I can find out where and when people are playing? Retards! Anyway, we walked around and saw bits of some bands and whole sets of other...
Milk Kan - Rather crappy rubbish hiphopish annoying goop. But, we only saw a song or so....
Gogol Bordello - I've heard a few of their songs and I always thought they'd be interesting live and they looked quite fun, but the sound was shit and the wind was carrying it everywhere, so again...just a song or so from afar.
The Sounds - I know that if you’re Swedish and even remotely interested in indie/alternative music you’re meant to hate The Sounds...but I like their first album, so sue me! However, seeing them live was an entirely different experience and quite disturbing. All the boys in the band were extremely wanky-looking fashionista cuntoids. …and the singer…hmmm….it was quite impressive how someone so attractive, could manage to act so horribly unsexy….very strange…very manly, aggressive and uncomfortable…hmm…but they played Living In America so I survived...the whole set….Elizabeth wasn’t impressed at all and spent most of the time giggling at the ridiculousness of them/it all.
Dirty Pretty Things - Hmmm.....no.....soooo not my thing...and again, the sound was shit.
The Raconteurs - Boooooooring...meh....blah blah...I'm Jack White I'm famous...yadiyadiyadi...no.
Belle & Sebastian - The main reason I went....and I suppose it was a bit disappointing. They played a very short set, the sound was better but still a bit rubbish...and the set list was hmmmm.....not the best...but they were good....main annoying thing was that they were only on for 40 minutes. Boo.
The Strokes - I've never really listened to The Strokes, so many of the songs just went over my head...but then they've had so many hits that it's kinda impossible not to recognise most of the songs anyway...the atmosphere was rather amazing...the sky cleared, it was a beautiful evening and when they played Last Night...yeah baby...twas mighty cool. I thought I was gonna be bored to death watching them for 1 1/2 hours, but the time flew past and it was great. Still wouldn't buy any of their album, tho.
Some things that has happened or that I have realised since the last entry.......
- The best time and place for eating ice cream is clearly half-asleep in bed at 4:30am.
- Most football fans are retards.
- Jens Lekman's Black Cab is the best song ever...well...one on a very long list of best songs ever
- Champagne makes me superhappydrunk
- I saw two of the members of Bullet Union on a Camden nightbus
- Some evil person also tried to steal my wallet at a CAmden nightbus
- I saw the world's tallest man eating a kebab on a Camden nightbus
- Sunday picnics in the park are the bestest
- I like cheese
- I could get used to this tea thing you Brits have got going
- I've phoned several friends that I miss alot...I should do that more often
- I've had a myspace for what feels like forever...I'm just about to reach 1000 views...why am I not more popular?? WHY??? haha...are you meant to celebrate when you reach four digits?
- I should really send a postcard to my grandmother
- I'm going to Sweden in August
- I'm bored
- I'm ridiculously poor...but, I have £1.78 left on my overdraft so at least I can buy a sandwich for lunch. Not sure how I'll get in to town after work, tho. Hmmmm.
- My friends John and Sade should be coming through on Saturday. This makes me most excited, cause they're like two of the bestest people ever.
- Ok, almost lunch time. Should do some work. I'm sure there was something I was meant to write about, but I forgot.
Hmmmmm........the end for now